Friday, September 19, 2008

Sisterly Love

So as soon as I got home yesterday I called to find out how many new girls are my new sisters! I was so excited to find out that I am able to call 16 amazing women my new sisters!! The actives that are still in the chapter did an amazing job! I think this new pledge class is going to be one of the best Kappa Chi has ever seen! I can not wait to meet all these lovely new ladies and spend time with all of my sisters tonight!

Yesterday was like a breath of fresh air. Something came over me...I have no idea why but it was like I had received a makeover from the inside out. Maybe it was starting this blog, maybe it was starting to read 2 new books, maybe it was just a much needed change. Whatever the reason I am very happy for it. I talked to my best friend, Lillie for a good while yesterday. We have made a plan to start walking at the park after work since the weather has been extremely nice lately. There is nothing like a good "chat and excercise" with your bestie!

Of course the best part of my day is always when or if I get to talk to Daniel! Which I got to talk to him yesterday for about an hour after I got off work. I miss him more than ever and can not wait for him to come! I swear, sometimes it feels like he is NEVER going to come back home. We are still debating on whether or not I will go up there for the Navy Ball next month. I would LOVE to go but we really have to make sure that we will be able to afford two trips to the same place in less that two months! With plane ticket prices sky high and gas prices sky high...I may only be able to go to his graduation. I'm just ready to see him....I miss his hugs and kisses, falling asleep next to him in his arms, him waking me up in the mornings with a kiss and the first words out of his mouth, "I love you". I have actually started to miss picking up after him and telling him not to wash the dishes. I miss laying in the bed watching several movies a night. It's so different to hang out with our friends without him there since all of our friends are couples. I don't mind it, but it is just a big change. I went from seeing him everyday to getting to talk on the phone only once a week, if I am that lucky. I know that this is making me a stronger person and us a stronger couple. I am so proud of him and everything he has and will accomplish.

I am not sure if I am mentally ready for all of these big changes. I have lived in Louisiana my whole life pretty much and have never been more than 3 hours away from my family unless I was at a camp or on vacation. I can not imagine our future children not being able to spend holidays with their grandparents and great-grandparents like I did. I can remember being a kid and going to stay with my great aunt and great uncle in Lake Charles for 2 weeks every summer. It breaks my heart to think that my children may not have the chance to do those things. My great-grandmother is 78 years young and I pray that we will have our first child before she is called home. I have always looked forward to the possibilty of have that 5 generations and if that never happens of course I will be fine and move on with our life. I guess I have just not experienced enough change to be prepared. I am used to the same thing. I look forward to being able to see parts of the country and world that I have never seen and I will embrace those times but it will still be hard because most of the time it will just be me and our future children. I guess I can only put my faith in God and leave it up to him to help me cope with the changes that are forth coming.

No comments: